Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday December 13, 1998 at 23:53
JACK SCHULTZ
Historic Forum Post
Geo,
You pose some fair questions.
As far as key presses, I haven't had any complaints from anyone on this site nor have I had any personally. I also suspect that many on this site are creating favorites buttons that send a macro of the necessary buttons in a string. When the software releases, thes buttons could also become icons representing the actual station if desired.
As far as X-10 is concerned, I have had no trouble teaching X-10 IR commands to Pronto from and X-10 compliant IR remote control, such as the 8 in 1's etc. I am actually using X-10 IR codes to trigger macros within a SmartLinc HouseLinc system as it has the ability to monitor the individual equipment power states which creates a fully automated scenario. Unfortunately most AV equipment still does not use explicit ON and OFF commands so conventional IR macros can cause "power out of sync" problems, which the HouseLinc totally eliminates.
As far as the Sony is concerned, sorry, I have no experience altough I should think someone else here has so just watch for additional comments.

Hosting Services by ipHouse