Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday December 13, 1998 at 23:08
geo
Historic Forum Post
1) I had the opportunity to try the Take Control remote (The Microsoft abomination). I was highly unimpressed. One thing I noticed, that aggravated me most, was that you could not press buttons fast enough. There is a 1-second delay between button presses. So if I was surfing using my DSS and wanted to go to channel 285 I would need to press 2 wait.... 8 wait... 5 wait... Enter. Does the Pronto suffer from the same problem or can you press buttons as rapidly as your little fingers can push them?

2) Can the Pronto learn codes from X10 control devices? I do not even know if they are IR. I'm kinda new to X10 but it can allow me to do some very cool things with the lighting etc in my entertainment room.

3) I have the misfortune of buying a Sony 90ESG with that stupid a@@ GUI remote control. As I understand it very few remotes, if any, can learn its IR codes. Has anyone got this reliably working? The remote that came with the unit has the crappiest range I've ever seen and I wanted (desperately need) to replace it. I like the receiver very much. It just seems that Sony was suffering from a serious case of Anal-Cranial-Inversion when they designed the remote.

Thank you in advance.

Hosting Services by ipHouse