Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday December 15, 1998 at 16:04
Clay W.
Historic Forum Post
Hi,
Wow, thanks for all the fast feedback!

Jan - I may have to resize my bitmaps to be a little shorter (48x44) but that should be no big problem. Or, rather than resize the icons, I could settle for just 4 row of icons (16 icons total - 4x4) insead of 5 rows of icons (20 icons total - 4x5).

Jack - As you suggested, I did try clipping logos from station websites. However, I was compressng the information typicaly from about 300x300 pixels x 16E6 colors. Consequently, the product of a straight conversion from the website bitmaps was generally not usable. Hence, my comment that I based the icons on the logos but recreated the icons from scratch (i.e, most every pixel in the icon changed color, location, and intensity). I also have added the channel number to the icons (either terrestrial or satilite) for additional clarity.

I am also glad to learn that the Pronto software will automatically convert bitmaps to grayscale. While making my icons, I saved the file at each step in its creation. Updating my Icons to fully exploit Pronto capabilities should be no problem.

Daniel - Any thoughts on an upload/download area for icon & config file sharing?

Thanks,
Clay W.

Hosting Services by ipHouse