The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 15, 1998 at 11:19
Clay W.
Historic Forum Post
Hi,
While waiting patiently for the Pronto software, I have been anticipating changes I could make to a Pronto device screen to achieve my previously discussed channel surfing function or "activity." To this end, I have been working on icons for the major channels (SfiFi, HBO, FOX, UPN, etc.). I have about 8 completed so far and expect to finish another 8-16 in the next week or two.

Given the usable Pronto screen dimensions provided by Jack Schultz (270 x 217), I concluded that 48 x 48 pixel icons would be best. This would allow a 20 channel grid on a single channel-surfing device screen. Most of the icons I created are in 2 color (i.e., black and white) although a few are in four shades of grey. I would be willing to share these icons with other Pronto forum participants if Daniel would provide the vehicle (i.e, a place to upload/download the icon files). Question to Daniel - can this be done?

Also, I'm not sure if icon sharing would infringe on copyrights. I based my icons on station "on-tv-screen" logos but in all cases created the icons from scratch. I can't imagine that my icons would cause financial harm to any broadcast station as (1) the icons would be offered free and thus of no financial benifit to me, (2) the stations themselves do not appear to have plans to sell Pronto station icons and thus would not be financially harmed by Pronto icon sharing, and (3) the icons would not be for commercial purposes (i.e., private use only). Do any any legal types out there know the answer to this copyright question?

Thanks,
Clay W.

Hosting Services by ipHouse