Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday December 21, 1998 at 16:11
Daniel Tonks
Historic Forum Post
Sorry I haven't been on the forum much - I picked up the flu last week. At the beginning I used it to my benefit (redesigning the site) but for the past few days I just haven't been up much.

Back on topic, during review of the Pronto I had two strange occurances. Please remember that I'm using a pre-release software version. The first was when programming the "TAPE" device. I had quite a routine worked out, and I was flying with labeling buttons, learning codes, etc. but suddenly the screen just went static. Just random placement of pixels. Solution (rather than the reset button) was just to pop the batteries out for a second, then put them back.

Second happened when I put the Pronto down on it's charger while running. The screen changed to horizontal, upward scrolling lines of static. Oddly the backlight and LCD timeout functions still operated, but the screen wouldn't revert back to a useable state. Once again, the solution was to simply pop the batteries out for a second. Seems to me there was a brief burst of power that confused it. All in all, for the amount I've used it and considering it's pre-release status, it's been very stable. A heck of a lot more stable than my computer! :-)

This of course reminds me of one thing I'd like to use the PC Software for - the Pronto only has one set of tape controls per "TAPE" device, with room for an A/B switch. My tape deck, on the other hand, has indipendant IR codes for both A and B control. Can't wait to fiddle with the software...

Hosting Services by ipHouse