Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday December 28, 1998 at 19:03
Matt
Historic Forum Post
I stumbled onto this forum a couple of weeks ago and have been getting increasingly interested in the Pronto based on the comments here. I was actually ready to buy one without ever having seen or touched it.

I was pleasantly surprised today when I found one at my local dealer (they'd just gotten them). I played with it for about 20 minutes and had a lot of trouble with it ignoring button selections. I had the salesman reset the unit. No luck. I kept playing and figured out that it was the way I was touching the screen. The only way I could get it to work consistently was to angle my finger/thumb so that only my fingernail touched the buttons. I found it extremely awkward to operate, especially so when using the one-handed approach with my thumb on the controls.

Now I'm no freak with fat fingers, so this was rather disappointing and caused me not to buy it. All the features in the world can't redeem a remote if the ergonomics aren't there.

So, am I the only person with this complaint? Are there any kind of touchscreen sensitivity controls I missed? I assume I could solve the problem by making larger buttons for my custom controls (although that would suck as I'd only be able to fit about 12 buttons on there), but what about re-sizing the standard controls (I had real problems with the scroll arrow at the top of the screen)?

(BTW, I had no such problems with the RMAV2000, but I really, really want the custom button labels offered by the Pronto).

Hosting Services by ipHouse