Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday December 13, 1998 at 00:53
Will Cunningham
Historic Forum Post
I had the exact same problem when I used Video Essentials to tune my TV! I ended up going with my Cable TV setting's since that is what I watch most. I think I will give the macro switching a shot if I can ever find the time to re-calibrate my TV. I can see how that would be an eye catcher too, that does sound pretty impressive.

This opens up a new line of thinking for me too. I had a roomate who would have loved a macro like that. He liked to have the Sharpness turned way up, as well as tweaking things to be overly blue. With the pronto, we could have set up a few macro's to switch back and forth between our individul preferances.

I think I will look for one of those "OneForAll" remotes too. If I can get codes to explicitly set my TV's inputs, I can make my macros less complicated. Actually the thing that would help me out even more would be to find some way to explicity set the inputs on my Sony VCR's.

I like the VCR recording macro idea also. I find myself setting up the VCR to time shift programs quite often. I am usually on my way out the door when I realize I am going to miss some show, so anything to speed the process would be nice. :)

It is too bad you could not pass information into a macro, that would be pretty neat. Imagine the macro's we could produce if there was some way to have it ask us for input. If the macro asked what channel, time, and how long, even my grandmother could program the VCR. It may not be able to do stuff like that, but I am constantly amazed at the stuff the pronto pulls off, this really is a nifty remote.

Hosting Services by ipHouse