Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Saturday December 12, 1998 at 16:34
Daniel Tonks
Historic Forum Post
Last night I just programmed my largest macro yet - two of them with 31 commands each.

I borrowed a copy of Video Essentials DVD and calibrated my TV's colors. The problem is, while it looks fantastic using the S-Video input, cable TV looked horrible afterwards - skin tones were all pink and magenta.

Since my TV doesn't allow me to store various setting presets, I have to manually change color, tint and "auto color" each time I go to or leave DVD mode. This is accomplished like so: press PICTURE, which brings up settings page 1 out of 3. Press + or - to select the setting (say COLOR), press PICTURE to edit, then + and - to change it. Press PICTURE again to apply the change, and then it takes you back to the top of the list... so you ++++ down to the "NEXT PAGE" option, press PICTURE, find the next setting... as you can see it's a real pain.

So, I spent a while and figured out exactly what I needed to do to change the settings to DVD and then back to TV and created a pair of macros. They work great - no delays necessary - and it really startled my friend when I demonstrated it. "What, it can DO that?" he asks as the cursor is moving all over the place, picking an option, changing it, picking a new option... it's great!

Hosting Services by ipHouse