The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday December 12, 1998 at 13:05
Clay W.
Historic Forum Post
Hi,
Here are a few more plans I have for macros once the software becomes available....

1. VCR Tape search - Currently, to find the next marked program on my VCR, I must select "index", then "1" (for the next program), then "fast forward" or "rewind." If the tape is not stopped first, the index search is performed in scan mode. Thus, I will have two single button macros: search forward and search reverse (stop, index, 1, fast forward).

2. Single program recording. I normally use one of my two VCRs for time shifting and keep it programmed with my normal recurring shows. I will occasionally use the other one for individual programs, which requires programming the VCR for each occurrence. I could easily set up individual macros for "record channel 5 @ 8:00" etc. Or, for more flexibility, set up a macro page with separate macro buttons for the required programming functions as follows:

A. "Select record" - would input all the commands required to place the VCR on the program screen (about 4 commands in my case);

B. "Time slot buttons" - This particular VCR requires start and stop times (rather than start time and duration). Individual buttons (e.g., 8:00 pm) could input the commands to program these standard times.

C. "Channel Select buttons" - These macro buttons would input the desired channel and all the finishing timer record commands for the VCR.

3. I have a 41 inch Sony RPTV. To change color saturation, tint, contrast etc., I currently have a Pronto template that mimics the Sony TV remote. However, I could program macro buttons for these functions. For example, a "color" macro button could be programmed to input: (a) menu, (b) enter, (c) down x 3, (d) enter. For my TV, this would put the color saturation bar at the bottom of the screen and all I would have to do would be to hit the up or down buttons. Thus, five macro buttons (color, tint, contrast, bright, sharpness), plus separate up/down buttons and an "end" button would get me out of those annoying sony "menu sets" for picture control.

Thats all for now. I'm off to work an a few channel surfing icons...
Clay W.

Hosting Services by ipHouse