Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 11, 1998 at 13:32
Will Cunningham
Historic Forum Post
I was wondering what kinds of things people are using the macro features for, so I figured I would post what my macro's do and hope others do the same. I figure that there are ton's of uses for macro's that I have not thought of and would love to steal some from you guys. :)

My favorite macro is one for switching my Yamaha reciever's Dynamic Range from Min to Max for Day and Night listening. That basically shrinks the volume gap between wispers and explosions so you not constantly adjusting the volume.

On a related note, I also use a set of cordless headphones for really late night listening. For the headphones to become active I must toggle the reciever's effects and speakers off. I made a macro for that so I would not have to keep going to my reciever page and bouncing between control pannels.

When I turn off my system for the evening, I pretty much leave everything on and just mute the reciever and turn off the TV. That got kinda annoying over time because I had to keep switching to the TV device just to turn it on, and my mute button mutes the TV not the reciever in that mode, which I keep forgeting. :) I made a few macro's that toggle the TV's power, and the recievers Mute. That sounds like it should be one macro, but I have a bunch of them so that it ends up on whatever device I plan on using, VCR1, VCR2, or my DVD player. That saves a minor step, but it is probably the macro I use most often.

I only have two other macro's that I can remember, one for switching from DVD to VCR viewing, and another for switching from VCR to DVD viewing. I thought about making it part of the device switching, but I switch between VCR's way more often than I switch between DVD and VCR's so it would get anoying to have to hold a button not to send the macro that changes my TV's inputs.

That about does it for mine, nothing particularly interesting. I look forward to hearing about yours.

Hosting Services by ipHouse