Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 8, 1999 at 11:07
kevin calvano
Historic Forum Post
a few months ago i began setting up my home automation system using products from radioshack(it seems to be along the same line of X10). i installed lamp modules, wall receptacles and wall swiches all controled via a handy little command center that i can plug into the wall beside my couch. of course this wasn't good enough; i wanted to be able to control my lights via the pronto!
so i ran down to radio shack yesterday to purchase the wireless remote and receiver for my system (in hope that i could use those codes to program into the pronto). when i returned home i set up the remote system and it worked flawlessly. with anticipation i set my pronto on the table with the other remote, scrolled to my "lights" screen on the pronto, went to the learn menu, pressed a button on the pronto, pressed the corresponding button on the other remote and...buzzz! i tried again and... buzz! one more time...buzz! ooops, i don't think so! i was dissapionted. then it occured to me that the wireless remote sends a radio frequency signal to the receiver. pronto does't like radio frequency. damn!
i don't think i'm out of the game yet. radio shack sells a 6 and 1 remote with pre-programmed codes for their home automation system (which i believe is IR, i hope)
so with a little more change in my pocket and another trip to radio shack i should be in total control with pronto.
ironically it looks like i will have to add yet another remote to my system that will have a permanent home in a drawer in a dark closet at the back of my home.
but, if anyone knows where i might find codes or has any other suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

kevin calvano

Hosting Services by ipHouse