Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Thursday December 31, 1998 at 19:06
Pat Clark
Historic Forum Post
Gezzzz.....this war just never seems to stop.

Ok, here is my solution. Maybe this might work for everyone. Let's let the Fed's plan and develop a completely new OS. It will combine the power of Unix/Linux, the flexibility of Windows, and the interface similarities of a Mac.

It will run as a completely interpreted OS and since it will have all of this "god-help-me overhead", it will run like a pig. The GOOD news...it'll run anything under the Sun (Dang it...I knew I left someone out!) ALL of the software you own today will run on it.

And what's all of this power gonna run on? Intel will release a new chip called the "Gotcha" and will purportedly run at 10Thz. The computer will also serve well as a microwave unit but no one will be able to work on it while it is turned on because of the radiation exposure. Everything will be considered optional except for the included Geiger counter and radiation badges. Unfortunately, all TV and radio will become unusable because of the extreme EMI and RFI. People will reportedly glow in the dark so night traffic fatalities will finally fall to near-zero levels.

The Feds can re-label the OS as the BE-OS so they can use cute jingles and sayings;

"BE all you want to BE"

"Where do you want to BE today?"

"BE Different"

"I'm a wanna-BE"

Since the Feds will design, implement and control this new OS, they will announce the release in 1999 & deliver it in 2005, it will cost you $2,500, patches and fixes will be released on a daily basis, and since the Feds own it, a newly formed BE adminstration will be formed that all of us will subsidize. Updates costs will be administered via a new payroll deduction called BE-duction and no one will ever see any benefits. Clinton will come out with a new, superhighway resolution but that's only because he's driving a new Porsche and he's out cruising for Monica-look-alikes.

Ain't technology cool?

Hope some of you got a few chuckles out of this. No, I'm not quitting my day job, but after reading all the posts here, I thought maybe a little diversion might cool a few keyboards.

Can't we all just get along? :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse