Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Thursday December 31, 1998 at 13:33
Keith Barrett
Historic Forum Post
Some of the follow ups surprised me. I personally didn't react emotionally -- I see everything as a practical consequence of choice. In fact, I went out of my way to point out that that the question about whether having a MAC version was valid. I also pointed out that I have been there myself (i.e. ex-amiga user). It was the posts that flamed Windows in favor of the MAC that I said were inappropriate (especially here). I'm not against the MAC (as I said, I've been forced to learn many OS's), I'm against blind OS loyalty and flaming when you don't get your way. The fact that there are multiple MAC threads in this discussion group, and some of the posts are of an "us versus them, and we are better" type indicated that this was out of control.

My advice?

1. For the vendor -- get someone to fund and perform the effort, so you get the return on investiment you need (assuming you have a market interest in the MAC user base). If this is important enough to someone, then this should be possible.

2. For the end-user -- Continue to support Apple if you wish, but I'd also get a cheap windows PC to free you from the limitations of your platform.

3. Use linux instead -- it's the best OS. :-)
I've been a fan since .99pl4

Hosting Services by ipHouse