The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday April 7, 2024 at 23:33
randman
Long Time Member
June 2003
My home is all on Unifi hardware, with the exception of my Synology RT1900ac router which is configured only as a wireless access point dedicated for Pronto use.

Unfortunately, I’ve been getting Command Failed errors a lot the past few months. I’ve tried many things to no avail: I’ve switched TSU9400s (I have spares), I’ve switched RFX9600s (I have spares too), I tried sending all my IR commands to an RFX9400 and RS232 commands to the Rfx9600. I get command failed for the IR commands but not Rs232 commands and not IP commands. The command fails are usually due to reply not being received from the RFx9400 or Rfx9600. The strange thing is I don’t notice problems with RS232 commands. No problems with IP commands either. Just have problems with the IR commands. SO I thought using an RFX9400 dedicated for Ir use would suffice. Didn’t help.

My RFX9600 are configured with DHCP reservations. My TSU9400 are also configured with DHCP reservation. If anyone thinks setting up the Prontos with static IPs will help, let me know.

I wonder if maybe changing the duration of IR commands may have can have an positive impact on Command Failure?

I have gone over suggestions in other forums and none have helped. I haven’t tried reapplying the firmware in my RFX9600s. I am using the beta firmware (that solves a volume ramp up problem). Should I reapply this? Or apply the last official non - beta GA release ( I set max volume to a reasonable number in my processor). OH, and I need to find a crossover cable to connect the RFX9600 to my PC.

The next thing I’m considering is to get a Linksys Wap54G. I wonder IF my Synology Rt1900ac firmware updates has increased the probability of Command Failed. I HAD VERSION 2 of this Linksys access point I unfortunately I threw it away 5 years ago. I don’t know if I should get version 1 or 2…

EDIT: I ordered Linksys WAP54G. Amazingly, I was able to order a brand new one through Amazon prime. eBay would’ve been cheaper, but I get this one faster. I’ll see if this helps reduce Command Failure.

Last edited by randman on April 8, 2024 09:07.

Hosting Services by ipHouse