The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday March 18, 2024 at 07:50
Armando Ferreira
March 2024
From RTI:

Question: How do I migrate from APEX to Integration Designer 11?

Answer: When you launch APEX, it will prompt you to upgrade to ID11. Accept the upgrade and once installation is complete, you are ready to go! PRO TIP: If you do not have a process for backing up your computers regularly, the best practice would be to back-up your computer and customer files before upgrading to give you peace of mind.

Question: How can I service an existing ID10/APEX system in the field?

Answer: If you need to service an existing project in the field, you can simply upgrade to Integration Designer 11. However please note that you will need to update firmware on many of the devices for that project. If upgrading the firmware for the processors and controllers is not an option, you can service the project with ID10/APEX. However, ID10/APEX and Integration Designer 11 cannot coexist on the same computer.

Question: What was the final ID10/APEX release and where can I find it?

Answer: The final ID10/APEX release was 10.13.4 and can be found on the RTI Forum for you to archive or use to service projects where updating the firmware is not feasible.

Question: Do I need to upgrade all of my current customer files to Integration Designer 11?

Answer: Upgrading your client projects to ID11 is only necessary when servicing your client or changing a project. However, if you do upgrade a system from ID10/APEX to ID11, please note thatID11 will require firmware updates to the project and devices, so please plan accordingly.

Hosting Services by ipHouse