The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday February 12, 2024 at 19:46
Marcus Wood
Long Time Member
July 2003
I recently bought a used ADA Suite 16 which I'm trying to control with a Philips Pronto Pro system, but I can't get this to work.

Well, the Rx LED comes on when I send an RS232 command but that's all that happens. The Rx light also comes on if you send a command that's meant for another device.

I have the Suite 16 manual, and I've followed the instructions and copied the commands in that as I understand them. The baud rate is 19200 baud with 8 Data Bits, 1 stop bit, and no parity.

Commands for the Suite 16 are ASCII and the first character is the ` symbol (on the key to the left of '1') and the last 'character is , which I assume is just the enter key. For example 'volume up' is: ‘SVLUPR01[carriage return]

I've tried connecting the RS232 cable direct from the Pronto Extender to the Suite 16 and also via a ISO-CAT II.

I have another ADA pre-amp (a Mach III) that works fine with RS232 via the Pronto but on that I had to do a factory default reset via the front panel controls before the RS232 would work. I've tried sending a RS232 reset command to the Suite 16, but that doesn't help. By the way, the Mach III uses completely different commands (hex).

The Suite 16 passes audio signals OK on the input and output it's currently set to, neither of which I can change...

Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong?

Last edited by Marcus Wood on March 30, 2024 09:13.

Hosting Services by ipHouse