The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 45 made on Wednesday January 10, 2024 at 06:57
Merv
Long Time Member
November 2003
On January 3, 2024 at 00:25, Compass said...
@Merv, sorry I never saw your post until I needed to research how to install CCP on a new Win11 pc, hope you have it sorted by now.

I copy/pasted the entire URC program folder from the old Win10 C/Program Files(x86) to the new Win11 Program Folders(x86) then followed the below instructions to get the new Win11 pc talking to the remote(MX980 in this case),

[Link: urcfaq.knowledgeowl.com]

Hi Compass,
Thanks for the reply. I was trying to get CCP running on an Apple MacBook Pro M1 (Apple silicon). using Parallels 18 and Windows 11 Arm installed as a VM.

CCP installed ok, but getting Windows Mobile Device Centre to install was the real problem . The install file (drvupdate-amd64.exe) despite its name is the install program and an update. When installing it should install the driver update first, and then the program. Unfortunately it will only install the update. There is no indication that its failed. The install just stops and ends before the second part.

Your reply got me thinking about this again, so I installed VMware Fusion Player 13.5 & Windows 11 Arm (Fusion Player has a free license for non-commercial use). I was hoping that maybe it was a Paralells problem and that Fusion Player might succeed, but it does exactly the same thing.
So as far as the new Macs with M processors, I’ve had to admit defeat.

What I have got that works is an older Intel based MacBook Pro. this has Parallels 18 and a Windows 11 VM. WMDC installs fine. You also need to instal WMDC-fixes-for-Win10.msi file from junipersys.com.

Merv

Last edited by Merv on January 10, 2024 18:15.

Hosting Services by ipHouse