The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday November 15, 2023 at 12:29
djarchow
Long Time Member
July 2006
I have been a long time user of the MX-850, which I love. I am sure that at some point my remote will fail or the old SW will stop working/be blocked on new Windows versions. So, I am considering trying an MX-990. Before I buy one, I have been configuring one in Complete Control to see if I can get a similar layout to what I use on my 850. I am not using RF and this is just for my HT, no other rooms.

I don't do anything sophisticated today. I have a main screen filled with macros for each source I use, Roku, cable, Xbox, BluRay etc. These lower the screen, turn on the preamp, source, projector, dim the lights etc. then jump to the screen for the source control. I also have macros in those pages to jump to a page for light control which jumps back to the source page when you are done.

As I was setting it up in CC, I realized I was doing things exactly like I did in the 850 and not taking advantage of any new features that might be in the 990 like variables etc. Any suggestions on things I should do differently or features I am not taking advantage of. Thanks!
Dennis

Hosting Services by ipHouse