Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Tuesday October 31, 2023 at 17:51
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On October 31, 2023 at 14:39, lippavisual said...
Haven't touched one, so you're correct. Is there no IP control on these then?

The X800 and X800M2 are the same as far as the chassis goes with the hidden screw design. Also similar to the old X1000ES (that had an IR input port & RS232 however).
The X700 and X700/M come apart like every other player on the market with a few screws (easy).

I know some of the Sony UHD players had no IP control for some reason (baffles everyone as to why). Can't remember which ones did & didn't.

I don't sell the Sony disc players anymore after what seems to be a complete breakdown of any logical design. No auto Dolby Vision support (you have to go in a menu and manually engage it every time you play a disc that has it - even thou every other player on the market can do that) was just an unforgivably stupid screw up. As far as I know, they still have not fixed that to this day (it was a feature not a bug).
No one buys discs players anymore anyway. It has been years since I sold a disc player of any kind. I got rid of my Oppo a long time ago and the Sony X800 just sits in my rack unused year after year :(

Hosting Services by ipHouse