The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday October 20, 2023 at 11:59
MNTommyBoy
November 2010
Hi All,

I looked at a nice house this morning for a prospect. It was kind of a standard new owner / new build type of setup - some used gear, a lot of prewire, need some new gear - the usual.

But, my question is about 3 Elan cameras onsite. I don't the model number on the cams but they are dome style, installed on the house, ran to the mech room. Also in the mech room is a Elan EL-NVR-8ch and a G SC2 controller.

Bottom line, I need to know if those cameras can be pulled into any other type of system? or will they only work with that NVR, and controller. I do very little with cameras and zero Elan. He said the Elan system was never functional. I am a C4 guy but don't do too much of that either. The customer is young and not really interested in a whole home system - streaming only, multi app, yada yada, which I'm fine with. Should I find an Elan programmer for just the camera aspect? I believe there is a non-functional doorbell as well.

Thanks,
Tom
"There's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens." ~MacGruber

Hosting Services by ipHouse