Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday October 19, 2023 at 04:02
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
Hey all. Clients been using this Roku Ultra since June. Now there’s no signal on her TV.

Back story:

The TV (can’t recall which , sorry) and Denon AVR (also can’t remember which but it’s one of the lower non-X series) were installed about 8 years ago with a Bell Expressview HD receiver.

In June I went back to install an Apple TV. Through the AVR the TV received no signal via the AVR. I forced resolutions. Powered up in order starting with the TV and working back. Switched inputs. CEC is all off. No signal. When I connected the Apple TV direct to the TV it worked fine. I called denon support. We did a factory reset and an update. Nothing.

Did some research. Apparently this can be a thing with some combinations of TV and denon AVR/Apple TV.

So I tried a Roku Ultra. Worked perfectly. Done.

She calls me today. Same thing with the Roku. No signal. Over the phone I had her power cycle the system. Unplug and plug in the Roku. Nothing. Plugged the Bell box into that cable. It works fine.

I think it’s a handshake issue. Not sure what to do next. It’s odd that it worked for a while and doesn’t now. Perhaps the Roku did an update and broke something?

The AVR is located about 20 ft from the TV in the basement rack. I have cat6 and conduit. I’d rather not enable ARC. If this is a handshake issue I could put the Rolu behind the TV and run an optical back. That would require some time spent reprogramming the remote. Not a huge deal but I’d rather it just worked where it is.

Are we still using HDMI splitters to solve issues like we did with cable boxes?

Any insight would be appreciated. I’m heading over on Wed but I’m not sure what to do. It should just work…. Buuut we all know how that goes.

Thanks.

Craig.
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse