The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday September 22, 2023 at 10:16
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
One of my clients wants to replace the TV in their family room, partly because her hubby (the one who thought a mouse chewed a network cable inside of a wall, but it stopped working because he inserted the cable feeding the switch and the rest of the house in the fallback port of the router). That means the Denon AVR-991 (distribution version of the four digit model) may need to be replaced. I'm using the 2nd zone and the assignable 12V triggers but the assignment is less important because I also installed Niles muting VCs but one of the most important details has to do with the family room and kitchen being open to each other, so synch problems can't happen. I have been inactive in this work because of a knee injury, so I'm not as familiar with the new models that have come out in the last few years- I have seen posts on an AV forum about reliability issues and I usually chalk them up to the fact that they were set up by people who didn't RTFM and don't know how to use them.

I may go with Yamaha, partly because they seem to be better than average WRT reliability and having used a Yamaha WXC-50 for >5 years, I can say that it has worked flawlessly and sounds good.

This is a system that was installed in about 2011 and was set up as 5.1- it's not going to be reconfigured for more speakers because it would mean tearing the room apart. Cabling to the TV from the rest of the system is easy because I installed conduit and have access to the underside of the floor. I might keep the Denon in the system for Zone 2, but that leaves the possibility that synch issues may be harder to correct.

What say ye?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse