The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday August 20, 2023 at 13:19
CruelSun
Lurking Member
February 2010
Hi, I apparently used this forum years ago when I originally set up my HT system, Thank you for still being here.

I have an extremely well used MX-980 with a (Play) button that has failed to participate. Myself (and my Tech-Challenged wife) rely on this remote daily so I am reluctant to monkey with it without some guidance...

MX-980s are inexpensive on ebay... and money is tight. I have started looking for a local HT shop that could help but the 2 I've called so far say they no longer have the ability to program this remote..??

I likely do still have the software on CD somewhere but don't have a windoze box to run it on and I am aware of the !!don't upgrade!! thread but I have other questions:
-- If I had another MX-980 Could I possibly disassemble the 2 remotes and make a good one by swapping parts around, without having to re-flash the program??
-- I have never disassembled this remote. Are the button switches and program memory chip all on the same board? or could I mix and match to solve the above problem?
-- Is there a chance of fixing this by disassemble/clean/repair the existing remote?

Thank you all for any help you can give, There is nothing better than an active forum community!

CruelSun
CruelSun

Hosting Services by ipHouse