The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday August 14, 2023 at 23:46
tadawson
Long Time Member
July 2004
I have numerous lighting devices (wall dimmers, wall switches, tabletop dimmers . . .) working in my system with MX1200, MX6000, MX890 and MX990 . . . (so I *think* I have a handle on it, how to address/define devices, and which coded to use from the IR Databae). The problem is that the KP900 I am trying to add is kicking my butt! I can take the same IR entry that works on say an MX1200, and drop it on a key on the KP900, and nada . . . (but all else on the KP900 works, so no RF issues or wrong frequency, etc.). Watching the base station for RF, when I TX, say "light 0010 on", the amount of time the remote transmits is relatively long compared to sending the same mapped command from the KP900, which gives a much shorter burst of RF.

It's almost like the database entries are not making it into the KP900, but with no way to see the contents of a button in hex, hard to tell what the remote got. (Also not sure if these codes will even TX via IR . . . If so, perhaps I can capture the stream there and compare . . .).

I had seen one other thread here that touched on the topic, but the poster who claimed to have a handle on the situation DM'ed the OP and never posted anything , . .

Granted, and oldie (but not necessarily a goodie), but might anyone have encountered this before? I can' be the only one . . .

(Oh, and have tried this on a 2 or 3 year old version of Complete Control, as well as the recently updated current version. Other than prettier screens, it makes zero difference to the remote . . . :-( :-(

Help!

Hosting Services by ipHouse