Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday March 4, 2023 at 11:57
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
Hi all,
Some of you may remember me from way back. I am one of the original users of the Pronto Philips line. I am not as sharp as I used to be (I am 83 YO) but I still manage to code and debug a little. I use a 9800 as the HID to control my screening room (I used to call it my home theater, but a cousin of mine who happened to be the CEO of Paramount studios stated it is a screening room as the the system is projector based with a 133" screen) Who am I to argue. The system is actually controlled by a small windows PC that communicates and controls each device in the system. The audio is full Atmos with a 7.4.1 speaker configuration.

I am running the latest official version of PEP 2 on a Windows 10 system with the following issue This all started after the latest update to Windows 10.

When I request a download to the control panel a message comes up with a detail box explaining how there is a reference to an object but there is no object in the PEP2 code. it asks if i want to continue I say yes and the system just sits there.

I restarted win 10 and did a reload of PEP 2 (2.4.23.0)

The prior issue is no longer occurring. When I request a download to the control panel there is a long delay with the hourglass on the screen but eventually the download starts and after a while it completes and all seems to be okay. The 9800 works as I expect it to.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? And if so how did you fix it. It is not critical but rather annoying for a person with OCD.

TIA,

Barry Gordon

Hosting Services by ipHouse