The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday October 10, 2022 at 11:37
Proggieus
Long Time Member
October 2005
We use it extensively for residential and it seems to be fine so long as you stay in the sandbox. There are a few(were? I personally don't do home) really annoying issues,

Say you had a DM Matrix using 6 of the 8 DM outputs, you finish all of the programming and a few weeks later the customer adds a tv.

You had to delete the entire DM chassis and rediscover it with the new DM endpoint connected. Which of course meant you had to redo all of your routings to and from the DM system.

I have heard this was being fixed but don't actually know if it has.

As a 20+year AMX programmer and now 6 years with Crestron, I can not stand doing home systems, far too frustrating to spend 20 minutes trying to get a workaround for something that would take 10 seconds in either AMX or Simpl.

I have spent days trying to figure out a protocol for devices in the past and while I might get frustrated and could always make it through, The first Home system I did was the closest I have ever come to rage-quitting on a project.

I will say that it has increased the pool of potential "programmers" for our company as guys that would take years to develop into full programmers are doing jobs in a few weeks. Which I believe was Crestron's intent.

The biggest thing for me is the lack of ability to go out of the sandbox even a little bit-

want to send 1 or 2 RS-232 strings to an oddball device? can't do it without a full driver being written.

Hosting Services by ipHouse