The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday October 10, 2022 at 05:31
Fbrighi
Long Time Member
September 2010
Hello, i programmed a control system for my home cinema, using a script on a modified Pronto Pro to run simulator directly from the PC. The normal script is able to control a projector, a denon amplifier and lights interface (through extender + Rs232) and a Zidoo mediaplayer (through LAN, using synchronous TCP socket commands).

Now, to remove the RFX9600 extenders from the system - they are big and take lot of space - I'm going to revert all controls through LAN. This because both projector and ampli has IP control possibility.

I tested singularly projector and ampli IP controls, using this function:

function LanSending(TargetIP,TargetPort,CommandString)
{
var SocketLan = new TCPSocket(true);
SocketLan.connect(TargetIP,TargetPort,3000);
SocketLan.write(CommandString);
System.delay(50);
SocketLan.close();
}

Using correct parameters, both device work good. But, when they are inserted within the normal control window - which uses several different socket instances to Zidoo to get continuosly its status (play/stop/pause, elapsed time, remaining time, ecc) - after some time system it collapses. reporting the error "failed to connect".

Viceversa, by using rs232 + extenders as before, even with several socket related to Zidoo "supervisioning" active at same moment, no collapse have ever been experienced.

I'm starting to think that the added sockets instances caused a kind of overflow...may it be related to that? Is there any type of way to reduce the socket "memory" reservation, once it ended its duty? Using asynchronous socket is not a possibility, as doing so the query request and related command would no be at same time, causing problems in control.

Thanks!

Federico
FKB

Hosting Services by ipHouse