The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 122 made on Friday April 15, 2022 at 11:12
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On April 4, 2022 at 12:19, tomciara said...
Trust peer reviewed journals? You are not doing your homework.

Peer reviewed journals took a massive hit when a bunch of docs published an article in Lancet indicating Hydroxychloroquine was ineffective and dangerous.  It was later “walked back” to save face as it was as close to being fabricated as possible.

[Link: nbcnews.com]

The New England Journal of Medicine had to do the same.

[Link: mdedge.com]

These may be the most highly respected journals in medicine.  They clearly had an agenda that was not connected with any science.

see that is where you and I differ. You say they took a massive hit, I say they work.

Either because of mistake or other reasons studies can have something wrong with them. With peer reviews (like the two you pointed out), they can be removed as meaningless (which let me point out those where pre-release and not post release which these days might not make a difference.)

It is like when I used to work in IT my job was to build programs, others had to run quality control after and approve the changes to make sure what I did worked exactly as intended, since as the programmer (and any other programmer on the planet) tends to have programming blindness. Too focused on A that I was trying to fix and I missed B (a new issue).

But that is the difference between Peer reviewed journals and not Can you show me where New England Journal of Medicine and Lancet are still pretending those articles are still good?

Hosting Services by ipHouse