Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday January 9, 2022 at 00:03
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On January 5, 2022 at 10:48, arcsum68 said...
This TV does not use an IR remote, it does have an IR sensor but its located where the power button is facing down. I have also found that by keeping everything RF my battery lasts much longer than when I used to have a mixed environment.

1) MX-890 is a rechargeable remote. After you are done using it for the day, most people put the remote in the charging stand for the night. So battery life should not be an issue. If your battery can't last 12-16 hours off the charger... you need a new battery, because something is very wrong with it. Or something wrong with the remote that it is draining the battery when it shouldn't. "That is NOT normal behavior".

2) That LG TV should pickup and respond to IR signals from just about anywhere in the room. If it can't do that, then again I say... you have something very wrong with your equipment! Because you can literally bounce the IR signal off the walls* from the MX-890 and it should work that TV.

*If the walls are a light color. Room not more than 400 sqft. And no fluorescent lighting.

Hosting Services by ipHouse