The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Friday December 24, 2021 at 17:50
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
Anthony, thank you for your well thought out and articulate answer. I agree with much of what you said, but you don’t mention anywhere the immunity that comes from being exposed to a virus. In a medical discussion, we could sanely and soberly talk this out. In a hyper-political world, it is a bad word.

Every winter I am exposed to the influenza virus. I will either come down with the flu, or my body will fight it off, either through natural immunity, or through me getting a flu shot. I have done it both ways over the past several years, and have not had the flu, perhaps in decades.

This coronavirus is not the flu, but it is a virus nonetheless, and the same mechanisms are at play. Your thought of a 40 day or six months lock down with a year‘s food supply would not get rid of the coronavirus. It would only delay exposure. Every single living person is going to have to be exposed to it or immunized against it. A lockdown is only a delaying tactic, and they have not been particularly successful anywhere they have been utilized.

If even the mention of natural immunity makes someone angry, it means that a sober discussion is not possible, and I see that as very unfortunate.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse