The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday November 30, 2021 at 08:24
Rummi
Lurking Member
November 2013
I see this forum is still active :). I'm a long time Harmony user and still have two 650s in use on a daily basis (one for the living room and one for the home theater).

I'm struggling with something where I was curious or hoped there is a better solution to. And that is the problem of copying commands, either within a single device, or from one device to another.

Concretely, I now have an LG OLED which I want to force to a particular HDMI input upon Power Off, because it reverts back to the last input on Power On, which then would turn on some game console (which is why I do want to use HDMI CEC).

Problem one is that I cannot use Input commands in the Activity Start and Activity End customizations (why, Logitech???). So I was thinking of copying the discrete HDMI commands to my own commands to circumvent this restriction.

The other problem is that I see different models having a slightly different set of controls. Often you can also use commands from other models, and so ideally I would like to copy those commands over to my own device. However, I don't see a way of copying over commands from another device model.

For both problems I do have a workaround thanks to the fact that I have 2 Harmony remotes. I can basically send out the commands on one remote and use the command learning on the other one so I then have my own learnt commands that are in fact just copies of the other ones. However, I was wondering whether there is a less convoluted way of doing this.

Tnx!

Hosting Services by ipHouse