The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Sunday October 17, 2021 at 12:43
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On October 16, 2021 at 01:02, tomciara said...
A 75 inch TV is going over a fireplace. The interior decorator wants all the equipment mounted in the cavity behind the television. Maximum depth 5 inches. I need to place three Sonos amps, a power strip, small Comcast box, and a Roku.

if it is feasible, I would have to meet with a contractor, and see if he could carve out cubbies and set amps on their side. If you were in my position would you attempt to work with the contractor and the other parties, or just say it cannot be done?

Don't carve out cubbies. Have them open the entire wall up and reframe (headers like a door way etc) it leaving a large opening almost the size of the TV. Then have them build a plywood box to finish off that space. Use a full motion mount so you can install and service your equipment by pulling the TV out from the wall.

This gives you a large open space so you dont have to fight with each device. My guess is that the contractor would spend the same or less time doing this vs trying to make cubbies between the studs.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse