The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Wednesday October 13, 2021 at 11:44
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On October 13, 2021 at 09:58, Proggieus said...
years ago I had a customer call me up pissed off because the Comcast subcontractor told her that he had to completely redo the entire coax headend because the ends we used were not "Comcast certified". She was mad because she paid us to do the work that in her mind was now substandard.

They were the exact same ends as what was on the cables, I demanded his supervisor's number and called him.

he apologized and told me that the subs get paid per end and he was just trying to increase his take home for the day.

I worked on a new house and part of our installation included two wall-mounted structured wiring enclosures; one for voice/data and another for coax. I arrived after receiving a message that Time Warner had been there and when I saw the enclosure, I went ballistic because he had removed the cables from the pass-through modules and installed a 1 in/8 out splitter that prevented the cover being reinstalled, so he left it off. I was able to call him and he said they aren't allowed to use F81 barrel connectors or the pass throughs installed by others because of the signal loss, so I got his supervisor's number and called- I had also found that the incoming cable hadn't been grounded at the demarc, so I mentioned that to the super. He said he had no problem with F81 or the other parts I had installed, as long as everything was terminated properly and of good quality- our F connectors were always Thomas & Betts, but I don't remember the brand(s) of the other parts.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse