The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Monday April 19, 2021 at 15:25
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
On April 14, 2021 at 08:35, Ranger Home said...
And thats crazy to me. Hard hat? On residential built? Overkill and just not needed. I dont recall ever seeing a hard hat on a house build. Steel toed is even pushing it. English speaking would be a safer requirement.

We don't only need steel toed, we also need steel shank to stop you from stepping on something and it going through your foot. Providing the site is considered "under construction" hard hat and safety footwear is required at all times (even in a finished house) although most inspectors are pretty lenient in a finished home not requiring a hard hat, but the second you step outside it better be on your head.

English speaking is also becoming less and less here as well.

Many years ago I was working for an industrial construction company and we were digging footings/foundations for wind turbines in the middle of farmers fields. MOL required hard hat, safety boots (minimum 6" boot with a shank), Long pants, t-shirt, High Vis vest, and safety glasses at all times. If getting within the barrier of the hole we would also need fall arrest harness and double lanyard. This while standing in a farmers field in 30+C (80+F) heat with 40+C (100+F) humidex, and the only equipment around is a high hoe.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse