Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday April 4, 2021 at 19:02
Horze
April 2021
Hi guys, hope everyone is well, first time poster and also a newb:)
Ive read through a few things online but still need some help if possible.

Finishing off a theatre room i have done at home, 1 thing left to do is work out how to control the gear thats not in line of sight of when sitting down (gear in cabinet).

The projector is RF so thats not an issue, but all the rest of the gear is IR

I know that IR is old technology and most guys are now using harmony to control their gear with the harmony remote/smartphone which is RF and then have a few blasters off the harmony hub to the IR gear, this would work well, but from what i know/read you are restricted on using the harmony remote (or your phone) as the harmony hub isnt actually a IR reciever. So even is the harmony was in light of sight of the sitter, still wouldnt recieve IR signal

So if you still want to use the factory IR remotes while in sitting position, i would still need a IR reciever,

Please confirm all above is correct

So the questions i have is, can you connect a reciever to the harmony hub?

If not, looks like ill have to go down the path of IR extenders.
Ive been looking online and from what i can see the Niles and Xantech seem to be the most popular and way to go.

I know alot of guys have installed many of different styles so was hoping to get some feedback and recommendations

The niles gear im looking at is the MSU480 which is a 8 blaster unit.
The MS220 reciever, which ive read to be a great reciever. Only going to use 1, but the MSU480 allows to have more need be which could come in handy
And then the MF1VF blasters

In Xantech 791-44 which is a 10 blaster unit
DL95 reciever (ive read this is much better than the DL85)
283D blasters

Opinions and advice regarding both would be great and much appreciated

It seems both companies and now owned by Nortek control.
Is one of them meant to be a superior product? I have read Xantech quality can be a little so/so

Or if any1 has any other recommendation on how i should tackel this im all ears:D

thanks in advance:)

Hosting Services by ipHouse