Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Sunday April 4, 2021 at 10:15
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On April 3, 2021 at 15:17, buzz said...
I'm not sure how to make my point completely.

As I walk trade shows or encounter systems, that are mostly spinoffs of example configurations, I think that the screens are too cluttered and that there is a tendency to include all of the native remote buttons, many of which are never used or are only required for setup. The configuration captures the pain of multiple native remotes in a single shell.

agree and that was the point. bad/lazy custom set-up IMHO is a cluttered screen with all the buttons and the customer needs to muddle through it. A good set-up is is a screen with minimal buttons controlling nothing but the basic features of each device needed for what the customer is doing at the time.

One annoyance as an integrator is if I must go back to the site for some reason, need a rare button, must track down a native remote, and probably some fresh batteries. A way around this is to include an initial screen, possibly password protected, that leads to all these buttons.

20 years ago when I was doing Pronto's I did that. For every device used, create a screen with small buttons that had every possible command. Then for each system add the base screens needed that had all the codes and link to those buttons from the user interface that was not cluttered. Maybe what you use has the same limitations? and then I fully get why there can be buried screens with full buttons. These days what we use has a device library so such screens are not needed, I can access the device library directly and send commands if needed.

Hosting Services by ipHouse