Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Tuesday March 30, 2021 at 19:07
Redbiker98
November 2020
On March 30, 2021 at 11:55, SWOInstaller said...
So forgive my ignorance as a Canadian, but a residential new build you don't need hard hats and steel toed boots?

I can count on one hand the number of residential installs that full PPE enforced in my almost 20 years in this industry. The only time OSHA would ever walk a resi job is if someone filed a legitimate complaint or there was a serious injury or death on a job site. Otherwise, they just don't have the inspectors to check all new construction.
Rules and regulations as well as enforcement also vary from state to state, as well as individual counties and cities. For example: I'm in Houston, I was working on a home in the city of Houston, and saw no less than 4 different inspectors walk the house thoroughly. Up the street in neighboring subdivision, outside of the city limits in unincorporated Harris County, the ONE inspector just did a drive by, signed the permit, and was gone in under 3 minutes. Both neighborhoods are in the same area and same builders.

Also as a Canadian, safety is top priority. We are considered construction so all safety regulations need to be followed for a construction site and training needs to be completed to be able to step foot on a job site. Hard hat, work boots, etc.

Well, with "free" healthcare, your government needs to do all they can to keep people from getting hurt. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

Hosting Services by ipHouse