Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Saturday March 27, 2021 at 19:55
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On March 27, 2021 at 18:55, Impaqt said...
If someone really wants to use the voice remote for a specific device, I most certainly will accommodate them...

You want to control your entire system with your $12 Comcast remote or AppleTV Siri Remote? Sorry. I'm not your guy.

There are plenty of clients out there still that dont care about voice control and want solid, high performance systems, and are willing to pay a premium for that and my expertise and support.

You want a DIY IoT system? have fun with that. I will not disparage or insult that desire. Thats just not what I do.

We are mixing it up to much here.

Even with a control system behind it, we both know you are not going to be able to control a complex, multi-source system with an OEM voice remote. We both agree on that.
I said it 'sucks' because most of the control system manufacture (for our industry) don't offer an interface that has a universal voice control option for us to sell.
And THAT is what a lot of people want these days. It is not acceptable to them, that their $12 OEM remote can do more for them than the thousands you expect them to pay for a universal control system (in their eyes - forget all the extra stuff the processor is doing in the background).

But if a device with a voice remote is the only source, then there is no reason it couldn't control a home theater setup - especially with a processor behind it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse