The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Thursday January 28, 2021 at 10:06
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 28, 2021 at 07:47, mwstorch said...
My issue with Genelec is not the performance but how their product line works (or doesn't) for my business. We install a fair amount of inwall speakers and while the Genelecs sound good, they only offer 2 SKUs of inwall and the grilles are only average-looking (to be polite).

Their bookshelf-style speakers, again sound great, have been a bit of an installation challenge for us as each speaker, being powered, also needs 120volt power at each location. Not rocket surgery but it does complicate the install.

As much as I respect the quality of the Genelec product, we have moved on to sing Pro Audio (and Theory) as our go-to speaker/amplifier choice. Their systems sound better (IMO) than the Genelec, they have more choices of speakers (in and out of wall), more subs, more amps, do not need power at each speaker, are fully committed to the home market, etc.

My opinion is that Genelec is more interested in what they do best (recording and mastering studios) than the home market and I think their product line (and marketing, etc.) reflect this.

Feel free to contact me directly if you want to discuss my experiences.

Best,

M

I don't think they're trying to dominate the CI market or make interior detonators happy.

My computer doesn't like the link for your company- any ideas? Said it's a security risk.

If speaker manufacturers wanted people to use someone else's sub with their products, they probably wouldn't make subwoofers. Many people don't set up the speakers in the way that is recommended anyway, so I wouldn't expect them to use the whole system.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse