The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 53 made on Wednesday January 27, 2021 at 12:33
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 27, 2021 at 11:13, tomciara said...
^^this^^

If you haven’t seen the market shift then you would certainly think they are nuts.

But with CEC options, more sound bars, etc...

More than anything else, it’s becoming rare that a client has more than one component feeding a TV. Used to have BDP, AVR, CD, Comcast, Roku... now with Comcast streaming Netflix and Amazon Prime, the Comcast remote does the whole system.

Just wondering yesterday what URC and RTI talk about when they plan for the “future”. They may be feeling like a video rental store owner 15 years ago...

Have you seen CEC work flawlessly? I haven't. One customer is using a Spectrum box and a Vizio TV, but until I turned CEC off, the TV would frequently go to the SmartTV input and, being close to 80 years old, she couldn't figure out how to get it to work. She has a technology block with this stuff, but is fine, otherwise. I discussed this with her daughter in law. It's as if she hear clicks and beeps when I explain how to use the system and I make it as simple as possible- I use no technical terminology, no long sequences, just "If it shows this, press this button".
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse