The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 50 made on Wednesday January 27, 2021 at 10:40
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 27, 2021 at 09:49, FunHouse Texas said...
with the likes of alexa and CEC the remote demand (single rooms which was Harmony focus) had dropped considerably over the last few years with no growth opportunity. Logitech is focusing on conferencing which exploded in growth over the last year. I hope someone sees the value of the software and setup. why someone else cannot mimic the easy of configuration is beyond me. they have their place. RTI/C4/Elan Ect has theirs.

Control systems have aspects that are patented or copyrighted- Harmony was sued by UEI for infringing on something in the middle of 2000-2010 because of that. Apparently, the Help button couldn't be or wasn't safeguarded, because URC is using it on one of their remotes after almost 20 years of telling everyone that Harmony was crap.

If someone is smart, they'll buy this from Logitech and continue to make the hubs- they work with Alexa, Google, Smart Things, ITTT and other platforms but the real value is in the database AND THE PEOPLE WHO WORK IN THAT AREA because they can not only convert from Hex, they can see commands in real time and make corrections. They have also added to their database the complete Denon code set for AVRs that I sent, to fill in any empty commands.

By comparison, the last time I had to call URC tech support for a remote that wasn't updating correctly, I asked the droid if I should send the file, so they could look for errors. He said "I don't know what good that would do". I was so surprised that I forgot to ask for his name. I told the trainer two weeks later at a URC training session and his head almost exploded.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse