The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Friday January 22, 2021 at 19:26
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 22, 2021 at 14:57, Trunk-Slammer -Supreme said...
So,

It would appear that the problem I have has to do with the off air tuner in the DTV HR20 receiver.

Just a minute: There is no off air tuner in the HR20. You can buy yourself an AM20 (IIRC), which is a TV tuner fed by a TV antenna, with its output going to a DTV receiver; its channels are integrated with the channels from the dish.
If I bypass the DTV receiver and go direct to the TV, from the antenna, the TV shows 100% signal strength and the signal is rock solid.

So that tells me you have a cable that is ONLY for TV signal and is not in any way connected to the dish.
If I route the antenna to the DTV receiver I get constant drop outs, pixelation etc etc.

That's amazing. You shouldn't be getting anything.
Finding this brings up a small issue in how the house is wired, but that'll just involve pulling a few new wires to get where I want this thing to be.

Wires to that area should be one or two wires to the DTV box from a multiswitch or SwM device, and a cable from the TV antenna to that TV.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse