The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday January 12, 2021 at 00:35
jdooley
Founding Member
August 2001
I have been absent from the TV game for 16 years now and could stand it no more and got a Vizio P75 Series Quantum X. You can imagine my surprise when I tried the discrete codes offered elsewhere here and I got no joy. I ran the full code-set for the TV using my Pronto and still nothing. Found buttons to some apps that weren't otherwise on the remote as well as a full keyboard but no discrete input selection.
This is where it gets compelling; for the hell of it I downloaded Vizio's remote app which works through Wi-Fi and lo and behold it has direct access to all inputs. So the question becomes (at least in my head) is there a way to find out if there is some equivalent IR code that corresponds to these Wi-Fi codes that it is getting sent?
I thought, perhaps, that a Wi-Fi to IR converter that seem to be getting pretty popular these days, might offer such a path to this goal. The goal is to not become even more of a slave to my phone then I have already become (which is not much compared to most). Instead I want to live happily ever after with my MX-700 in total control.
Incidentally, for anyone interested, and skilled, I have successfully brought an MX-800 back from the dead (wouldn't talk to any computer) with less than $3 worth of parts.

Hosting Services by ipHouse