The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Sunday January 10, 2021 at 19:29
dunnersfella
Long Time Member
October 2016
In MusicCast you can adjust delay pretty easily.
1: If the product is hard wired you can select the link control to be 'Speed Boost'.
This will give you 0.02 delay between zones.
This is only recommended if the product is hard wired.

If you're running on WiFi (FML) then you will need to choose standard.

If the product is on WiFi, you can choose different audio delays... either 'audio sync on' or 'audio sync off'. This will introduce a delay when you're linking things like turntables etc.

To check how the product has been connected on someone else's install - you should go to the products 'Room Settings' and then 'Information' tab and looking at 'Connection'.
If it's set to 'wired' then you're connected via Ethernet, if it's set to 'wireless' - you're using WiFi. The older SKU's like WXA50's can run as wireless extenders and will show up as 'Extend1'. I ALWAYS turn this off...
To turn it off, dial into the products IP address and choose to connect as 'wired'.

Also, I'm not sure what the comment about MusicCast having only a handful of services is on about... there's Spotify Free + Spotify Premium, Tidal, Deezer, Amazon Music, Sirius, Qobuz, Airplay (Airplay 2 on new products), net radio (Airable), bluetooth in + out and server compatibility.

I would like to see more playlists and better implementation for search - but it's rock solid. If you're not getting products to set up, you need to just follow the instructions on the MusicCast app.
This industry is not getting cheaper and cheaper, we're simply convincing ourselves that we have to push the cheapest option to customers.
#makesonosgreatagain

Hosting Services by ipHouse