The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday December 28, 2020 at 13:33
CI256
Long Time Member
December 2012
Well I hope it's not because I literally just went full circle and bought a Harmony remote. Before I was in the industry (15+ years ago) I was all in on Harmony and thought they were awesome. Then I got into the industry and discovered how much better and more flexible the professional products were and with employee discounts I was able to buy and program my own stuff from URC or ProControl or whatever my employer carried. I looked down on Harmony and thought they were total crap (and they were in many respects from a pro standpoint).

Fast forward to today and I'm 5 years removed from the industry. I still have an A/V setup at home but it's become pretty basic with just an AVR, TV, Apple TV, and Xbox One. I pretty much only use the Apple TV and I was using my projector so rarely that I unhooked it so it would stop messing with the HDMI handshakes between the AVR and TV. I had been using Roomie Remote to control everything but the lack of a physical remote was getting annoying and so was paying $50/year to literally just turn on my TV and AVR and then I would switch over to the built in Apple TV remote on my iPhone because it worked better.

So literally two weeks ago I bought a Harmony Companion to see if it would be adequate. I must say I am impressed. It works great. Setup took less than 5 minutes. It scanned my network and automatically found all of my devices except for the TV which is not connected to the network. I didn't even feel the need to make any changes to the auto generated macros. It's a far cry from the old days of Harmony and I really hope they don't shut it down because it would be just my luck. I guess if they do I'd have to get in contact with my former employer and grab a ProControl or something.

Hosting Services by ipHouse