Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Saturday December 26, 2020 at 11:22
iimig
April 2011
It always surprises me how many pros are willing to use a consumer laptop. Depending on your business, it's probably your top moneymaker. You will use it every day, multiple times per day, multiple sites per day. You cannot afford to use something that is going to fail. The Ideapad linked is better than average but still isn't meant to last. The Thinkpad line is meant for the continuous duty cycle our job usually entails. The T and P series are the only ones I would look at, personally.

I have always been happy with the Dell Latitude line. Typing on a 5591 right now and wouldn't hesitate to replace it with another 5 or 7 series. Better yet, something from the Precision line. In my 12 year career, I have only had 5 laptops (all Latitude) and the only reason a couple of them were replaced is because I changed jobs.

I'm glad the Razers are working for some people, but I also worked with a guy that had one and within a year multiple ports weren't working and it was always hot, fans full blast and couldn't last even an hour on the battery. The keyboard was cramped and 1 or 2 keys fell off almost right away.

Another thing is the warranties. Sadly 1 year is kind of the default whether it's a consumer or business machine, but at least the business oriented machines have extended warranty options with same day or next day service options. I don't think this is the case with most consumer laptops.

DISCLAIMER: I hate wasting my time and money doing something more than once and sometimes err on the side of overkill
The less I say, the smarter I will appear

Hosting Services by ipHouse