Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday November 9, 2020 at 17:06
Audiophiliac
August 2006
1. Easy UI for local and remote access to recorded footage (mainly from iOS or Mac devices)
2. Ability to "tag" motion events from 3rd party IP cameras (that last part is key)

Details:

Existing cameras are a single wirepath IP outdoor dome, and an analog "eyeball" camera at the front door that is being fed through an Axis IP encoder. So 2 channels now, possibility to add 2-4 additional cameras in the future.

Existing NVR solution is a Synology NAS with their Surveillance Station software on it. I thought it worked great when we put it in 4 or 5 years ago. I was able to get the feeds to the C4 system easily enough, and the UI was good. I think they have updated that software quite considerably since then, and I am not sure his has been updated. He thinks it is too hard to access footage, etc. even though I think it may just need to be updated and given another chance because it checks all the boxes for what he wants an NVR to accomplish.

But I want another option to throw at him. Luma might be ok, but I am not sure off the top of my head, if it will give you analytics (motion events) from 3rd party cameras. I should RTFM. I have heard good things about Digital Watchdog, but have no experience with it and I generally do not like guinea pigging with my clients.

Any thoughts? I think the limiting factor is the analytics....it seems that most NVR manufacturers from our normal vendors only give you that capability if you use their cameras (this is definitely the case with Elan, and I think Luma as well).
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse