The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday October 28, 2020 at 12:07
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
A friend has a DVR that worked until the local area had a new system installed, using UBNT equipment, although I haven't received the info about which pieces are involved. The dish on the house and the POE device work for the computer and other devices connected through his router, but port forwarding didn't work even though the Digital Watchdog DDNS search was successful. I spoke with the guy whose company is installing the system and when I asked if the router needs to be in bridge mode with NAT turned off, he said that's not necessary. The old dish from the previous provider is still in place and port forwarding works- I was able to log into the DVR without problems.

I know I'll need specifics WRT the equipment, but I have never heard that the routing would be done at the head end for the system in a fiber network, broadband or DSL. I would think that if this was the way the system is set up, all that would be needed at the user's end is a switch, with only one router and if that were the case, every user would need to have access to the settings if they want port forwarding, VPN, firewall setup, etc.

Am I wrong in my thinking?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse