The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Thursday August 13, 2020 at 13:19
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
On August 13, 2020 at 01:11, Ernie Gilman said...
There's something about dimensions in this world that you've got to remember.

This is MY STORY, a long, long one, and if you read it, don't complain to me. It tells why the US will never fully convert to metric. After writing this, I think that the reason is similar to why Americans think they're defending their rights when they don't wear masks. It's stupid and juvenile, but hey.... that's life sometimes. Anyway, forge ahead:

Ernie, As someone in Canada who is seeing more and more measurements in metric (in the construction field, i've lived with km, metres, etc my whole life) it will only be a matter of time before the US is forced to switch. When I started in this field every drawing we received was in imperial, all our wire was sold by the foot. Now every drawing we get is in metric, all our wire is sold by the metre (except for Crestron wire). Majority of the devices now only have metric measurements (especially the appliances and stuff coming from Europe). It will be a matter of time before or wood mills are no longer cutting an 8' 2x4 but a 2.03m 2.5x10cm piece of wood.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse