The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday July 29, 2020 at 08:06
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On July 28, 2020 at 21:57, Ernie Gilman said...
I didn't miss it. Neither did I have a photograph of the back of the TV.

I google searched the model and found a photo in about ten seconds- why didn't you have a photo?

This all reminds me of when I designed some car stereo displays with multiple VERY precise panels for speakers, designed so the speaker sizes could change when needed. I had some steel pieces made with PEM nuts installed at locations within 0.010" throughout, and the cabinet guys whined that the tolerances were too tight for them. They couldn't measure that closely (about 0.050" over a total of five feet).

So one day I showed up at their shop and gave them a three foot rule and a six foot rule, each marked in 64ths on one side and hundredths on the other. They shut up real fast.

I think we have commented on this before- cabinetmakers can be a real PITA. They ask for equipment dimensions and make the space 1/8" larger because "It fits", which shows a complete lack of understanding. I did have one guy ask what I wanted for the space- he actually asked if I needed slots in the shelves, for ventilation. I almost passed out.

I'm really tired of hearing people say "I can't" do something when acquiring what they need can be very simple, as you demonstrated by giving them the rulers. I'm waiting for one of them to say "My CNC router is accurate to 1/4 inch.".
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse